ETL Developer Sr
We are seeking ETL developers for a client in Plano, Texas
For immediate consideration, email resume to: RECRUITING@MILLGROUPUSA.COM
Due to COVID -19 this position will start as a WFH, so candidates will need to be able to work from home now and be able to work in the office once things are settled.
|An ETL senior developer is responsible for developing data flow architectures (designed by an ETL Architect) within various integration patterns for loading analytical structures (DW, DM, ODS etc.), or integrating and migrating applications (EAI). In doing so, he/ she leverages industry-strength data movement technologies such as InfoSphere DataStage, Informatica PowerCenter or others
- Configure and customize the chosen ETL tool for client installations.
- Optimally leverage the ETL tool components for developing efficient solutions for data management, conversion, migration and integration.
- Develop overall design and determine division of labor across various architectural components (for example ETL tool vs. database).
- Deploy and customize Standard Architecture components.
- Mentor client personnel. Train junior staff on the Integration Methodologies and related supplemental solutions.
- Support development of task plans including schedule and effort estimation, under the guidance of an ETL architect.
Minimum 5 years of experience
Advanced ETL experience using either Informatica or Data Stage
Strong individual contributor in complex Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence project implementations; leadership experience a plus
Proven experience in working directly with business customers
Strong SQL skills including complex query building and query performance tuning
Data analysis skills - ability to dig in and understand complex models and business processes
UDB, SQL Server, Oracle, My SQL, Netezza or Teradata database experience
Strong UNIX shell scripting skills (primarily in COBOL, Perl)
Strong understanding of Data warehousing design concepts/skills
Data profiling experience
Defining and implementing data integration architecture
Strong ETL performance tuning skills. The ability to quickly and efficiently analyze and resolve performance issues within variety of operational environments.
Demonstrated ability to analyze data concerning production volumes, batch schedules, and i/o statistics.
Proven problem-solving / problem resolution abilities.
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
ETL experience using either Informatica or Data Stage or an equivalent technology
UNIX shell scripting
Dimensional data modeling skills
Familiar with Agile Development Methodology
StarTeam Software Configuration Management Tool
Business Objects (Webi, Xcelsius, Crystal Reports) or an equivalent technology
MS Analysis Services
General Host Knowledge
Control-m scheduling tool
Proficiency in scripting (in order of preference): Korn, Perl