Lead Technical ArchitectPlano
We are looking for a talented solution architect responsible for developing design and architecture to support cross domain business capabilities for P&C division. You will work closely with technologists from P&C domains to create architecture for legacy mainframe and distributed applications and help migrate them to private and public cloud. You will focus on the intentional architecture and provide mentorship on emergent architecture to the technical teams. You will have hands-on experience in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and deep interest and experience in broad enterprise platforms and cloud patterns.
What you will do :
- Participate/lead in producing conceptual, solution and component-level architectures and associated artifacts.
- Develop cross domain business requirements reference architecture for transition and target state and contribute to the cloud related patterns and implementations.
- Identify, create and socialize developer guides to explain technology best practices, how to and do's and don't
- Identify, create and socialize standards and specifications of existing and new technology and drive their adoptions by domains across the organization.
- Identify the need for common components for shared business capabilities, develop the strategy including architecture and drive their development and adoption discussion with leadership team.
- Provide mentorship to the engineers and help them with their career progression to higher roles.
- Develop and lead developer community of practices to facilitate discussions on technical topics.
What you will have :
- Demonstrated experience in explaining complex technology decisions to both technical and nontechnical audiences at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and developing high trust relationships with frontline and second level management and stakeholders.
- Ability to develop target state architecture using services offered by AWS and private cloud and vision to develop the transition architecture.
- Ability to design patterns for moving legacy applications to AWS and private cloud.
- Hand on experience with common architecture patterns (microservices, event-driven, REST, NO SQL databases, Caches, etc.) and services offered by AWS (S3, EKS, RDS, elastic search, etc.)
- Experience addressing operational and non-functional concerns (e.g. scalability, performance, maintainability, load distribution, resilience and recovery, etc.)
- Experience with SAFe framework or other similar agile frameworks.
- Experience with Java, Kafka, Spring, Redis, Kubernetes, OpenShift and others.
- Guidewire experience is big plus.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.