Risk Management ConsultantSan Antonio
Bank Risk Consultant
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business un exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
Drives the reporting communications workstream to boards, committees and regulators. Maintains repository of communication artifacts.
• Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or other related field or four years of directly related work experience (in lieu of a degree) required.
• 5 years risk management experience OR 5 years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area OR advanced degree or designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and 4+ years relevant risk management work experience OR PhD in a quantitative discipline and 2+ years relevant risk management work experience.
Working knowledge of guidelines associated with risk reporting to board, committee and regulatory agencies
Author of Board of Director and/or Committee level content
Advanced risk management acumen
Ability to assess communication needs, provide communications counsel, build communications plans, coordinate with business/change management/legal, etc., draft messaging and tactics, ensure tactical execution, track and report and assess effectiveness.
Advanced communications acumen
5+ years: Ability to develop, maintain, and implements complex communications programs/plans that identify key messages, target audiences, and intended outcomes. Assesses program or plan effectiveness.
5+ years: Works closely with multiple stakeholders (including senior leaders) and business partners to integrate and align deliverables with communications plans and programs. Resolves issues and navigates obstacles and ambiguity to deliver work product.
5+ years Writing, editing, producing, and distributing appropriately styled communications. May coordinate necessary approvals and/or produce and deliver critical messages for senior leaders.
• Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third party operations using advanced knowledge. Presents findings to various levels of leadership. Communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
• Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice. Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
• Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross-functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
• Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
• Effectively contributes to projects that impact the organization. Serves as a key contributor on projects that may impact the enterprise or a core operating area.
• Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results, and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
Support Regulatory Program Team communication efforts including leading the drafting and program management :
Narrative to support Regulatory Status Program and Project Reporting
Monthly Risk Committee read out regarding Regulatory Efforts
Develop a library of materials produced for Regulators