Development Product Owner MidSan Antonio
Development Product Owner
- Works under minimal supervision on complex efforts that can span a year or more.
- Works with multiple teams within a program, and occasionally may lead and provide oversight to other DPOs on larger efforts.
- Works with the Enterprise platform and/or multiple systems integration for major elements of technical infrastructure.
- Works Epic-level efforts that coordinate distribution to, and release across multiple scrum teams, within scaled Agile organizations as necessary.
- Serve as an expert in more than one business or system domain capable of leading development across multiple teams at the program level.
- Identifies, engages, influences and leads business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand, validate and help shape business strategy and vision, and customer needs.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an advanced understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption, and risks to operations.
- Assists with program and project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Leads, collaborates with, and motivates cross-functional teams of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Manages, prioritizes, and assesses the impact of all work items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the decision to create, fix or defer at the project and program level.
- Reviews, and when appropriate, accepts and prioritizes feedback and new requirements from stakeholders.
- Reviews and accepts or declines output of development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepares the business for the change and arm them with tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Coaches less experienced DPOs and team members.
- Serves as an expert in the business development/execution discipline, regularly seeking out opportunities to enhance, improve and advance the function.
- Bachelor's degree required.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- At least 1 year in a current Product owner role
- Financial Institution experience (preferably in operations or digital) 3-4 years
- Regulatory work experience 2 years
- Rally – 1 year usage
- Jira – 1 year usage…or similar agile story software
- New Web/Micro-services (exposure)