Development Product Owner Mid/SrSan Antonio
Sr Product Development Manager – P&C Vendor Software
For immediate consideration, email resume to: RECRUITING@MILLGROUPUSA.COM
Due to COVID -19 this position will start as a WFH, so candidates will need to be able to work from home if required and be able come in the office once things are settled.
Represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. Utilizes an advanced understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Works within multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and variations thereof. Serves as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from the business. Serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the execution team. Prioritizes the execution team's work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.
• Works under minimal supervision on complex efforts that can span a year or more.
• Works with multiple teams within a program, and occasionally may lead and provide oversight to other DPOs on larger efforts.
• Works with the Enterprise platform and/or multiple systems integration for major elements of technical infrastructure.
• Works Epic-level efforts that coordinate distribution to, and release across multiple scrum teams, within scaled Agile organizations as necessary.
• Serve as an expert in more than one business or system domain capable of leading development across multiple teams at the program level.
• Identifies, engages, influences and leads business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
• Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand, validate and help shape business strategy and vision, and customer needs.
• Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an advanced understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
• Serves as direct representative of the business with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
• Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption, and risks to operations.
• Assists with program and project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
• Leads, collaborates with, and motivates cross-functional teams of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
• Manages, prioritizes, and assesses the impact of all work items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the decision to create, fix or defer at the project and program level.
• Reviews, and when appropriate, accepts and prioritizes feedback and new requirements from stakeholders.
• Reviews and accepts or declines output of development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
• Prepares the business for the change and arm them with tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
• Coaches less experienced DPOs and team members.
• Serves as an expert in the business development/execution discipline, regularly seeking out opportunities to enhance, improve and advance the function.
Bachelor's degree required.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
3+ years of experience in project delivery using Agile/ Scrum/ SAFe/ Waterfall
2+ years experience implementing 3rd party property and casualty vendor software.
2+ years P&C experience
Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applicable databases.
Advanced knowledge of Change Management practices.
Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering methodologies.